Thursday, January 15, 2009

ouch!

Ok the weirdest thing happened today at Sam's Club. My dad and I took the kids and were walking around getting samples and shopping. We came upon a sample of those TGI Friday's battered green beans. So I gave the kids some and took one for myself. Little did I know upon biting into it that I would break a piece of my tooth off. My back molar. I right away called my dentist, it was about 4 in the afternoon so I thought maybe they would see me. No such luck. They wanted me to come in at 10:30 tomorrow morning. So I go to the pay phone at Sam's and look for an urgent care dentist. It was beginning to hurt and I was not going to wait. I found one and then had to have them look up our new dental insurance because it's the beginning of a new year and my husbands work changed providers. (don't ya just hate that). We found out that we now have Met Life and thank goodness they accept it.
Now the dilema is, does my dad want me to drop him and the kids off at home, or just go with me to the dentist. By the way my dad is awsome and has been helping me so much with the kids since he's been layed off. He say's lets just all go. It's totally freezing out side so the stuff we bought at Sam's would be ok in the trunk.
We get there and they have I swear what must be the smalles reception area. I'm thinking oh great three kids and grandpa in here, ain't gonna happen. But thankfully we are in Utah were there are lots of big families and the male secretary starts handing out paper and pens for the kids. Lets them pick out a movie to watch and everything. I was so thankful for that.
Well basically they gave me two options, pull it or get a root canal. I really didn't want to pull it but a root canal would have ment three more follow up appointments. I just don't have that kind of time, and could not leave the kids with my dad that much. I really need an on-call babysitter. So I decided to have it pulled.
And now my pain meds are kicking in and as per instructions I get to take it easy cause too much movement or how did they put it (excitment could make the bleeding worse) how cool is that.

2 comments:

  1. You are CRAZY! Better to have it pulled, I say. I wish I'd had mine pulled. Enjoy your non-excitement! Missing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too. Call me sometime, even if it's late. Love to all

    ReplyDelete