Sunday, July 27, 2008

giving him an out

Ok, so as I mentioned before I'm potty training my 2 year old son Vincent. Yesterday I had him in underwear at home and he was doing great letting us know when he had to "pee pee" as he say's it. But I had to run some errands so i put a diaper on him before we left(haven't bought pull ups yet waiting to run out of diapers). Anyway, we're at Dollar Tree and he runs up and says "Mom pee pee, pee pee" so I grab my purse out of the cart pick him up and rush to the back of the store hopeing they have a public restroom. They did. So I quickly strip him out of shoes(cause he insists on being completely naked from the waste down to pee) shorts and diaper. He goes pee in the store!!!!! The first time pottying away from home!!yeah!! We got home late so after bath we put him to bed in a diaper, I'm not ready to test out bed wetting just yet.
So today went pretty much the same he let us know when he had to pee, and whoever was closest Mark or I would rush him in and give lots of cheers and praise. But he still hadn't gone number 2 yet. I was wondering how that one would go. My daughter Trinity had a hard time staying on the potty when going number 2. She would stand up and it would get everywhere. I know pretty gross. But all part of parenting right? Around 3:oopm he starts acting funny saying "gotta go go go" and would run to the bathroom. But once in there would say "No" and run back out. After about the third time I figured he must have to go #2. So maybe because I was feeling bad for him, or cause he had been doing so well, I put a diaper on him so he could go #2. Ten minutes later I checked him, and he had gone #2. So I changed him and put underwear back on.
Well when I told Mark what happened he kind of got on to me saying "We can't give him an out like that cause in his mind it will seem like { ok I have to pee in the potty, but go #2 in my diaper} And he is totally right, but I wasn't even thinking of that. Any way It's about bed time for the kids, I'm tired cause I mowed the front and back yard today(even though there are 3 grown men that live here) Mark, Damian my step son, And my dad, Robert, don't think I mentioned that. But I burned some calories so all good. Night.

1 comment:

  1. That's a tough one. Horatio is not there yet. I'm still trying to get him to admit that his diaper is poopy when he stinks so bad you can smell him across the room! (He'll keep denying it until you change hime!) *sigh
    Congrats on the public peeing! Wished very much that you were here today; now time to go to bed before I cry some more today (I'm already past my quota).

    ReplyDelete